↦Real Estate properties
This type of video project can be streamlined for standard (usually residential properties) home tour scenarios. That allows a low price offered as a package.
Up to 3 minute videos delivered as HD 1080p YouTube optimized video (without Interview / voice overlay) starts at $270.oo. Depending on factors like property type, size, interview: yes/no, your requirements, and others. All details on my page Real Estate Photography and Video which explains package pricing and bundling. Video as an add-on to a qualifying photo shoot can benefit from discounts.
This type of video project can be quite diverse and I need the project details for a custom quote.
I calculate this type of project as a Custom Video Project, see following.
↦Custom Video production work
— commercial, company presentations, crowdfunding, video applications, et cetera
A video production projects involves multiple steps — here are the hourly rates:
PRE-PRODUCTION (planning): $80.oo to $100.oo / hr
PRODUCTION (video capture): $120.oo / hr on-location for 1st videographer; half-day: 440.oo; thereafter 110.oo/hr; full-day: 880.oo
$60.oo / hr per assistant – half-day-assistant: $200.oo – full-day-assistant: $400.oo
POST-PRODUCTION (editing): $120.oo / hr
travel costs, hiring talent, hiring services / equipment / props, obtaining licenses+permits, advanced editing (After Effects, 3D), location rental, et cetera.
Industry ballpark numbers are: $5oo to $15oo+ / per minute of video, depending on complexity, length of video, goals, number of locations / shoots, and pre-production (script / concept) work involved. A budget of 2k would be a good start.
Read more about a sample project calculation: Costs and Calculation of Video Production + Video Editing
To create all source material can span from days to weeks to months.
Costs can be calculated in many different ways: per minute resulting video, or fixed price on per-assignment base, or other detailed or mixed calculations. Depends on the project and the scope.
EDITING VIDEO (post production as a stand-alone service, no filming)
POST-PRODUCTION (editing): $120.oo / hr.
Editing time is determined by multiple factors, but mainly by the length of source video, # of takes, multi-cam syncs, complexity of audio, and #of cuts.
- composing videos for given time frames and according to storyboards
- editing, cutting, enhancing
- adding audio/music, voice-over narration or overlay text titles
- Cost range: small projects, reasonable amount of source material and cuts, ca. $150-$300 / per minute of finished video. Up to $1000.oo / per minute if, e.g. you multiple hrs of source, multiple takes per scene, many cuts/min, et cetera.
- Advanced editing, animation, effects (requiring Adobe AfterEffects) might add to the overall costs
- Actual costs: can only be estimated after I have reviewed your source material, task list and/or concept / storyboard. There’s also a chance I have to decline if material, concept, and goals are not in-sync. For an estimate I need all material and your concept / goals in writing.
EDITING existing Video (corrections, retouching)
- e.g. color corrections, obstructing license plates or faces, cutting out unwanted scenes, etc.
- adding audio/music, voice-over or overlay text titles
- Costs calculated on hourly basis: $12o / hour.
- Actual costs: can only be estimated after I have reviewed your source material and task list. For an estimate I need all material and your task list in writing.
Please see: Aerial Photography and Video
Other VIDEO services
- YouTube implementation; also help with setting up a YouTube channel etc.
- Video implementation for websites
- converting video into formats used for websites
- optimizing video for Internet bandwidth
- Costs calculated on hourly basis: $12o / hour.
Other related TASKS
- projects for individuals (family, anniversary, memories, etc.). Please inquire and tell me about the project.
- Telling the Story of Someones’s Life — containing photos AND video material. You need to create the storyboard and deliver all material. Please inquire and tell me about the project and the material.
- Photo slide show: delivered as a video output file. [Note: duration is roughly ca. 1 min per 15 images] — up to 30 images: $95.oo; then $2.50/photo. 1 Text Title Overlay included — more titles are an add-on and costs depend on details. Extras: Music overlays.
- General note: your own photo and video material could be used for projects if it is “o.k. quality” — but keep in mind, the final outcome cannot be better than the source material.
More information: Pricing in general and How to book
Determine your budget by honestly evaluating your goals. Your video needs to appeal to your target audience and their expectations.
Costs for crowdfunding, business videos
assignment, created for the makers of ABSOLUT Vodka / KAHLUA