Real Estate photography is a subset of Architectural photography, but different:
In common Real Estate Photography, you’ll get the angles and look & feel of real estate photos which is by default different from the composition for architectural and editorial photos. Real Estate photos are tailored to a Real Estate agent’s short-lived need to attract buyers — however, by looking at standard real estate photos you know that is not material you would want to publish in a portfolio or magazine — you might come to the conclusion that most standard Real Estate photos aim too low.
Real Estate photos have a short life cycle, just for the purpose of selling the property and tailored to the needs of a real estate agent — however, there’s a difference between standard properties and outstanding properties and high-end properties should be presented differently.
For properties that should tell their individual story and set themselves apart from the ordinary I recommend to decide for an Architectural photo shoot (if you are an architect, developer, Interior Designer, etc.) or if you are a Realtor with a special property you can opt for the Real Estate Shoot in Architecture Format — both shoots incorporate latest visual trends and guidelines and deliver a sophisticated look & feel next to highest quality.
Real Estate Photography vs. Architectural Photography
If you are an Interior Designer (ID) or Architect then you are in for a different look & feel and I shoot those images with your purpose in mind.
Architects, Interior Designers, Stagers, Builders and other professions intend to use the photos for their portfolio or marketing purposes or publishing and therefore the images have a different purpose, audience, a longer life-cycle, and a different emphasis. The time allocated for Real Estate photography and Architectural photography is different, the focus differs, the composition and angles differ, the use and integration of natural light, and the level of customization differs.
Architectural Photography projects are fully customizable; branding aspects for your business or brand come into play. Those projects will lead to more diverse, refined, high-end results. Therefore a different look & feel, let’s call it the editorial, architectural magazine style with a strong branding message, is the result. Outstanding Architectural photos used for editorial purposes are worth more than a full page advertising.
I am offering REAL ESTATE PHOTOGRAPHY in ARCHITECTURE FORMAT which is the best of both worlds and keeps Real Estate Professionals’ needs in the focus — a shot list for achieving the goals is also welcome. I focus on highest quality photography which is a perfect choice for any high-end real estate property or homes with a story that deserve images that distinguish the listing AND the Real Estate firm itself from the rest of the market – I love to work with all companies who want to achieve that goal and want to provide a consistent high-end style and quality across all projects to their clients, and, of course, with home owners who want to go beyond basic Real Estate photos.
Contact me for a quote
Best form of first-time contact is via email with a brief project / property description — That allows me to put a thought into your project and give you a solid estimate or quote! I am responding within a few hours.
TEAM [followed by the @-sign] DENALImultimedia.com
Summarizing the above information in a brief overview
Actual number of photos depends on project scope, property specifics and number of rooms to be photographed. You can submit a generic shot list (describing which rooms and exteriors) or send a specific custom shot-list and determine the number and type of photos you want, or…, let me handle the creative direction. We will certainly discuss your project and the shots before any project scope is put into writing — it is all about transparency and nobody wants surprises later.
I’ll post-process all delivered photos (enhancing, color and perspective correction). Retouching (modifications etc.) is not included but can be added as a service option.
Time on-premises and number of angles per room will be discussed before project start.
IF you have a shot list, I’d like to review it.
— USAGE RIGHTS LICENSE is tailored to your stated photo usage purpose.
Guest Houses (stand-alone or attached), Finished Basements, Specialty Rooms (game room, workshop, sauna, fitness room/gym, indoor pool, bar, home cinema, underground parking, et cetera), Community features/amenities:
Because of the extra time to photograph and to post-process more images please provide me with the necessary information.
What about partial residential photography / partial commercial property? Pricing depends on how many areas you need to be photographed.
Partial means you focus on a particular room (or rooms) or object (stairs, kitchen, patio, etc.), including a selection of perspectives and angles. Contact me for an estimate and tell me what rooms / objects you need to be visualized and for what purpose.
Bundling AERIAL photos
- drone photos: if you need aerial coverage you need to provide me with the address of the property because I need to check the FAA requirements for that location, e.g., if permits will be required.
Bundling VIDEO Home Tour / Aerial video
- straight-forward walk-through style or creative approach
- add aerial video sequences.
- RETURN (2nd visit) to location for alternative / different natural lighting — necessary for high quality coverage of an object: add-on costs are calculated based on time needed for round-trip to / from location plus time needed for photo shoot (creative fee / post-production). Note: Full-day shoots might have that included in the pricing.
- Twilight HDR photos (exterior):
as PART of an INTERIOR PHOTO SHOOT or as STAND-ALONE booking: costs depending on the specifics, e.g., location / time of year. Note: Full-day shoots might have that included in the pricing.
We also offer VIRTUAL TWILIGHT as an EDITING post-processing add-on.
- Aerial Photography, Ground-level Video and Aerial Video
- Different usage licensing: NDA’s which limit photographer’s use of resulting imagery, IP buy-out, Exclusiveness, split-cost agreements / 3rd party inclusion, etc.: please detail your needs and I can explain additional costs.
- Meetings, in-depth discussion & planning, prep, scouting.
- Retouching / Advanced Edit: calculated per image or per hour. Most scenarios allow a per image calculation, commonly $35.oo to $100.oo/image, but difficult edits and of course composites can be more.
- Travel costs: Local ground-travel may or not be included and depends on the location and overall project scope. Long distance travel: upon agreement / actual costs etc.
- Night work (7pm to 6am): surcharge will be applied for photographer and crew costs.
- Cost-sharing options: please inquire.
Exterior Photography (Landscape Design, Buildings, et cetera)
Sometimes a project requires only Exterior photos — that could be the case for landscape companies, landscape architects and designers, and others.
Just contact me and describe your project.
For Exterior Design projects it is a good idea to consider AERIAL images and/or video.
Or go directly to: Custom Architecture, Landscape Design, Commercial photography
How to book