How to book
- Contact me (EMAIL: TEAM [followed by @-symbol] DENALImultimedia.com) and tell me WHAT you need, WHERE, and WHEN. Please be as specific as possible. I prefer that you email me the details so I can put a thought into it before I get back to you. Phone calls are fine as well, but often I am in the middle of a project or on-location and can’t take notes or discuss details on-the-fly.
- Once I know enough about your project I’ll give you an estimate AND we’ll discuss the details of your project and a possible schedule. I’ll send you some paperwork, called Service Agreement, which is basically the work order and details the project scope & schedule and the terms.
- You sign the agreement (either via instant electronic signature or paper) AND yo make a down payment which confirms/reserves the photo/video shoot date/time
- Rest-payment is due at the time of the photo/video shoot or earlier (as outlined in the paperwork)
- Delivery of the ready-to-use, post-processed photos / video in accordance with the agreed turn-around timeframe
Note: Pricing and conditions are subject to change – please verify and confirm with me before booking. E&OE.
Included in pricing
- General pre-project consultation (phone or email: clarifying your goals, specifics, quantities, project in general, etc.). Not included (and considered an extra service) is a detailed, in-depth discussion of project details, e.g. meetings, planning, and scouting trips.
- ‘Cloud’ delivery
- Local Travel costs included up to 30 miles round-trip; more details further below on this page.
- and more: it depends on the project type and my estimate will clarify and itemize costs for you
Real Estate projects
For detailed pricing and general further info on those type of project please see also:
Architectural and Commercial projects
These are usually custom projects, please see more information here:
Architecture Photography, Commercial
Studio or on-location, please see more information here:
PHOTOGRAPHY pricing in general
E.g. ARCHITECTURE SESSIONS, COMMERCIAL, EDITORIAL, …
Photography projects consist of multiple tasks e.g. pre-production tasks, taking photos, staging, post-production, equipment set-up / breakdown, admin, etc…
My photography projects consist of at least 2 tasks:
- production (taking photos, set-up, break-down)
- post-production (selecting, editing, delivery, etc.)
PHOTOGRAPHY Fees, Charges and Rates
Send me your project info and I will provide you with a free estimate reflecting the tasks, duration, and pricing.
Standard photo projects can be calculated like that: per hour photo shoot there’s at least 1 hr of post-production.
PRE-PRODUCTION (==planning, meetings, etc. [optional]): $80.oo to $100.oo / hr
Creative Fee (== production: actual photography / video):
DP / photographer: $120.oo / hr;
half-day: 440.oo; thereafter 110.oo/hr; full-day: 880.oo
Assistant / PRODUCTION: $60.oo / hr per assistant – half-day-assistant: $200.oo – full-day-assistant: $400.oo
POST-PRODUCTION (==editing): $120.oo / hr
PRODUCTION CHARGES and EXPENSES
[optional items, whatever is applicable for a project]:
e.g.: crew, location, studio, props and equip rental, styling, wardrobe, set construction, talent, casting, catering/meals/craft, travel, transportation, certain insurance, permits, shipping/delivery, et cetera.
USAGE / LICENSING: depending on project
MISC FEES / CHARGES: e.g. NDA’s, night-time work, et cetera.
Note: POST-PRODUCTION time depends strongly on the amount / type of material that was shot during the on-location time and the number / style of photos you’d like as an outcome.
Note: USAGE / LICENSING fees: depends very much on the nature of the project; for many small projects the license fee can be included in the creative fee, my estimate will give you a clear idea about that.
Note: Production Charges: all projects have costs involved and some are certainly understood as part of doing business as a photographer, however, some of the involved costs are charged extra, see examples above.
Night Work hours are defined as: between 7pm and 6am;
a surcharge (30% per hour) will be applied and reflected in my quote.
- Standard photography projects require PHOTOSHOPPING / POST-PROCESSING level-1 which is fine-tuning / enhancing the photo (see definition* further below on this page)
- Photographer selects (if available according to shot list) the images for post-processing and client presentation. Please note that the actual # of images varies.
- Client must state clearly IF there is a specific # of photos REQUIRED as outcome
- Client must provide a shooting task/punch list IF certain scenes are a must-have. Such requirement list is in generell a good idea and standard for larger, complex projects. Key word: create a shot list
- Client must state if NDA’s are required
- uploading to a cloud service in order to allow client online access / download
- level-1 post-processing (STANDARD): enhancing the photo for a better appeal: color & contrast, perspective correction etc. That is NOT retouching in the sense of modifying, changing, removing objects etc..
- level-2 post-processing (ADVANCED): improving and modifying reality, emphasizing, retouching, effects, composites, etc.
AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY / VIDEO pricing
Please find detailed pricing and more information here: AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY + VIDEO
Please find detailed information here: VIDEO work or contact me with your project details and I’ll get back to you.
Costs of OTHER TASKS & SERVICES
- RETOUCHING: e.g. removing objects, smoothing skin, sharpening, improving [costs vary and depend on tasks; $120.oo / per hr, minimum 1/2hr]. Or for some projects with batch retouching I might be able to offer per-image pricing: $35.oo/image… See Photo Enhancing and Retouching
- Photo Restoration / Repair: [costs vary and depend on tasks; starting at $95 / per task.] … See Photo Restoration
- Hourly rate in general: depending on task type: $80.oo – $120.oo. Calculated / billed in 15- to 30-minutes increments.
- On-Demand Training / Lessons / 1:1 training sessions (e.g. Photography, Camera settings, Organizing Photos, Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom software, Video editing, Color Correction, etc. OR… your specific topic of interest): $80.oo/hr. Please inquire.
- Photo slide show: delivered as a video file. [Note: duration is roughly ca. 1 min per 15 images]
up to 30 images: $95.oo; then $2.50/photo. 1 Text Title Overlay included — more titles are an add-on and costs depend on details.
- Complex Photo/video slide-show (movie): delivered as a video file. E.g. telling someone’s ‘Story of Life’ with a rich mix of still photos and may be video sequences. Costs depend on material and length of resulting video. Sometimes a personal meeting is required, but often not. For a free quote, please write me an email with details like ‘how much material you have; what type of material; do you have music?; or do you have a story written down?’
- Music overlay for videos: $ 15.oo extra / per title or song (royalty free music of our choice OR YOUR music);
you can deliver own music but you must confirm in writing that it is your sole responsibility to research and obtain licenses if necessary and that you are allowed to use the music – however, we do not verify that.
- Assignments: Per Day Rates or Project Pricing — please inquire
pricing in general
TURN-AROUND TIME for photography
As usual: that depends certainly upon the complexity of the project!
The following outlines the expected delivery time for non-complex, small, standard projects which also do not require much advanced post-processing.
|Standard delivery for most projects (product photography and complex projects excluded) is within 2-3 business days Mon-Fri||included|
(Note: not always possible, please inquire)
|Next Day (before 5pm or agreed on time)|
(Note: not always possible, please inquire)
|guaranteed within 48 hrs after photo shoot ends, even if weekends follow the date of the photo shoot.|
(Note: not always possible, please inquire)
TURN-AROUND TIME for video projects
Depends on the type of project.
Full production project: requires a booking well in advance because there’s more planning and pre-tasks involved. Actual turn-around time is dependent on the complexity of the project, but it will be at least 7 business days.
Other video projects: Standard turn-around time is 3-15 business days but can be longer or shorter, depending on the project scope.
Once I know what your project is about, I can estimate the actual turn-around time.
|Cloud delivery / DOWNLOAD:||included / free|
|USB Flash Drive delivery:||$25.oo / per USB stick|
|DVD delivery:||not available|
If your project requires to mail items (either return material you had sent to me or delivery of items to you) the costs for mailing with your preferred mail carrier will be added to your project price.
We recommend that you consider Tracking and Insurance options when mailing items to us. If you are located in the local area, a drop-off would be best and sometimes we can arrange a pickup at your location.
- TRAVEL: up to 30 mi drive round-trip included; beyond that [add $1.oo per mile of round-trip]
- Long distance travel: upon agreement / actual costs etc.
further booking info
The following is not the actual agreement and should be seen as an excerpt and as an example to get a pre-information on relevant topics. The following is not a legal contract or photography agreement. The actual agreement may have different clauses and verbiage.
A down payment is required to reserve photographer’s time for performing the described service and/or the dates and times of the photo-shooting.
- photography: 50% down-payment (but at least $50.oo) will be required at the time of booking. Only after receiving the down-payment the project / appointment date/time is reserved & confirmed.
- video projects: 50% or more down-payment will be required at the time of booking. Only after receiving the down-payment the production date/time is reserved & confirmed. Further payments might be required along the way depending on the production complexity.
- Down-Payment / payments can be made via PAYPAL …OR by phone with a CC …OR by CC payment of a PAYPAL invoice / Square invoice …OR by Check (if time allows for it)
- Rest-Payment for photo shooting is expected at time of the photo shooting or earlier. Cash or Check accepted. For product photography the rest-payment becomes due before delivery.
- Rest-Payment and a payment schedule in general varies for other project types. A payment schedule will be outlined in your estimate.
CANCELLATION / RE-SCHEDULING
- RESCHEDULING for local appointments at the studio or not farther away than 1hr by car: client must notify photographer and re-schedule at least 2 hrs before the appointment date/time — otherwise a cancellation fee / no-show fee as stated in the agreement will be charged. New appointment must be within 4 weeks. Re-scheduling possible 2-times (makes 3 appointments altogether which should be fine). Please note that DENALImultimedia and photographer cannot guarantee future availability.
- RESCHEDULING for non-local work: the agreement will outline the specifics.
- CANCELLATIONS/ NO-SHOW: a cancellation fee will be charged.
- CANCELLATIONS in general: cancellation fees may apply and client is responsible for paying partially completed work and costs incurred.
DEFINITIONS POST-PROCESSING LEVELS
- level-1 post-processing (a.k.a. standard): enhancing the photo for a better appeal: color & contrast, brightness, perspective corrections, etc. No retouching (a.k.a. modifying, changing, removing objects etc.) included.
- level-2 post-processing (a.k.a. advanced): improving and modifying reality, emphasizing, retouching, effects, composites, etc.
USAGE RIGHTS / USAGE LICENSE
- After full payment of the Services the photographer assigns a non-exclusive usage license to client:
For many projects the license will not restrict client regarding where, when, and how the work can be used; unless otherwise agreed on the non-exclusive usage license means that photographer, as the copyright owner, is allowed to use the work result for portfolio reasons and otherwise. See copyright information further below.
OTHER NOTABLE POLICIES & TERMS
- DELAYS-ON-LOCATION: Client and I agree that cooperation and punctuality are essential to accomplish the goals and wishes of all parties. I also understand that delays can happen and the following provision shall prevent unreasonable delays.
Photo and video Shooting commences at the scheduled start time and ends at the scheduled end time. In case I arrive at location and cannot start working because of any delays (e.g. no-show of any required individual, object not ready, and any other delay reason) prior or during the photo shooting … a $30 / per 15 min delay fee will be charged. No worries, that is to establish an understanding and framework, and I will always handle that in all fairness and give you 15 min of time to get to the location or getting the set ready before applying such delay fee. As mentioned, the provisions is made to prevent endless waiting. Please always inform me as soon as you learn about a delay because only then we can work out an alternative plan or schedule. If I do not hear from you and / or have no idea about how long the delay will be, I most likely have to abort the session.
- Copyright / Ownership:
Photographer, by U.S. law, owns the copyright to photos and videos, creative work and retains ownership to the Intellectual Property.
Unless otherwise explicitly agreed on DENALImultimedia LLC and photographer can use the completed project and/or preliminary designs/sketches for the purpose of design competitions, photo competitions, portfolios, marketing, social media, future publications on photography / art / design, educational and editorial purposes, and otherwise.
Client may request a non-disclosure / confidentiality agreement, exclusive usage licenses, or other options that restrict or limit photographer’s usage rights but a surcharge of at least 50% of the project price will apply — certain options may result in higher charges.
Following some examples for exceptions where such surcharge does not apply even photographer is limited in using the work:
– Real Estate projects, if client just requests to NOT show the property address. Implicitly, in general we do not disclose property owner names, or any inside knowledge of the project or property other than is anyway revealed in the photos or publicly available. However, all those photos / videos are anyway published by yourself (the client) and we don’t do anything differently, so rest assured, everything else is handled confidentially.
– Beauty projects / skin retouching (in case of non-commercial projects) and most private, personal photo shoots
– photographing ‘trade secrets’ and security sensitive areas like certain production processes, rooms, installations, etc.: if the surcharge is applicable will depend on the project itself and/or the portion of work / photos that cannot be used by photographer. Mostly clients will opt for (or require) a full NDA or exclusive rights with no exceptions and therefore the surcharge will come into play. Please inquire and tell me about your project.
- CONFIDENTIALITY / Exclusive rights:
It is client’s responsibility to clearly state the confidential nature of the project and of all information which client provides. Our photography services agreement further details that topic. On client’s request, an NDA can be added but that fact shall be disclosed before we offer services and compile a quote / proposal / photography services agreement. If an NDA request is made after the photography services agreement (including pricing) has been compiled and/or presented to client it will expire and offered services and pricing have to undergo a revision process. Same is valid for requesting exclusive usage licenses or the intent to buy-out IP.
For certain on-location projects please consider to re-schedule the appointment early when the weather is forecasted as not favorable. BUT the choice is yours. I also may cancel if I determine that I can’t reach the location on-time or safe.
That is an overview/excerpt of the some important items of the agreement I will send you over for your in-depth review.