Get a FREE estimate
- Contact us and send a Project Brief:
Tell us WHAT you need, WHERE, and WHEN.
Please be as specific as possible — include a project overview, deadlines and schedules, a shot list, mood board / style ref, and budget information, … if available.
- Please include your planned usage information for licensing: Commercial / Editorial / Personal Use? — in which media do you plan to use the work results? — will 3rd parties use the images? — .
In a professional environment you will always stumble upon those ‘license fees’ which are part of any project, and the overall pricing adapts to the actual licensing needs and therefore makes pricing individual and not generic or overpriced. For smaller projects and with simpler estimates we will have a license included into your price; for other projects we can itemize the license fees.
- Client must state upfront if NDA’s are required.
Please EMAIL all the details so we can put a thought into it before getting back to you. Having things in writing can also prevent misunderstandings.
Phone calls regarding a project:
It’s not feasible and accurate to provide on-the-fly quotes or estimates over the phone. For just a general price idea you’ll find much information on our website.
- Once we have gathered enough information about your project, Frank will create a professional estimate, send it over to you AND we can discuss details, upgrades, downgrades, and the schedule.
The estimate will be based on your project brief and if a budget is given, Frank will try to offer solutions to fit your budget but sometimes expectations and initial budget might be out-of-sync and we need to work on right-sizing the project to create the best possible outcome that works for both of us.
- After we have clarified the project scope, schedule, licensing, pricing etc., you’ll receive some paperwork, called Service Agreement, which is the work order.
- You sign the agreement (eSign) AND you make a down payment which confirms/reserves the photo/video shoot date/time. Projects cannot be initiated or started before receiving a down-payment.
- Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production according to agreement
- Review / Revision phase as discussed for your project
- Rest-payment is due before delivery of final project results and for established client relations invoicing of payments can be handled per custom agreement.
CHANGE ORDERS, later
Change Orders and ‘On-the-fly’ project scope changes on location (like ‘could you real quick take a shot of this & that as well?’: We’ll be as flexible as possible to accommodate additional work and shots but if they change the original scope of the agreed order, we’ll need a change order from you which can often be an informal email or text. Please acknowledge that for additional work or shots also an additional post-production time / effort will be necessary and charged per image or task.
Request an estimate
Send us your Project Brief / RFP to: team [followed by the @-sign] denalimultimedia.com
and tell us about your project to start the conversation.
- Tell us everything else you deem relevant information — we’ll sort that out and will get back to you with our questions.
- You’ll receive an estimate, and we work on modifications, upgrades, downgrades, and any detail
If you do not provide a budget range, we will compose the estimate based on the assumption that the production value is high and you expect maximum quality — we’ll estimate time, effort, equipment in order to achieve high stake goals.
If you provide a budget, we will compile our estimate in order to meet your budget but might have to right-size the scope / expectations. We can add an option which gives you an idea what budget would be required to make the originally proposed project scope / expectation reality.
Included in pricing
- General pre-project consultation: clarifying your goals, specifics, quantities, learning about the project in general, etc. .
Not included (and considered an extra service): e.g. meetings, planning and brainstorming sessions, creating shot lists, scene planning, scouting trips…
- ‘Cloud’ delivery
- and more: it depends on the project type and my estimate will clarify and itemize costs for you
MORE information and PRICING IDEAS for specific types of projects
- Custom Architectural and Commercial projects: Architecture Photography, Commercial
- Product Photography in our studio or on-location: Product Photography
- Food & Beverage: Food and Beverage Photography
- Real Estate Projects (residential/Commercial): Real-Estate Photography
- Aerial: aerial photography + video
- Video: video
Pricing in general
TASKS: Photography projects consist of multiple tasks e.g., pre-production tasks (planning, scouting, researching and securing resources, etc.), production tasks (like set-up & break-down, taking photos, staging & styling), post-production tasks, and others …
The estimate reflects the tasks, duration, and pricing.
COSTS: The overall costs for a project are stemming from:
Pre-Production, Photography Fee (DP / photographer / assistant), Post-Production, Production Charges and Expenses, Usage License fees, and potential other fees and charges depending on the project.
- STANDARD post-processing (level-1): enhancing the photo for a better appeal: color & contrast, perspective correction etc. That is NOT retouching in the sense of modifying, changing, removing objects etc…
- ADVANCED post-processing (level-2): improving and modifying reality, retouching, effects, composites, paths, etc.
Costs of OTHER TASKS & SERVICES
- RETOUCHING: e.g., removing objects, smoothing skin, sharpening, improving [costs vary and depend on tasks]. Pricing is either on hourly basis or for some projects with batch retouching I might be able to offer per-image pricing starting at $40.oo/image… See Photo Enhancing and Retouching
- Photo Restoration / Repair: [costs vary and depend on tasks] … See Photo Restoration
- Hourly rate in general: depending on task. Calculated / billed in 20-minutes increments.
- On-Demand Training / Lessons / 1:1 training session (e.g., Photography techniques, Camera settings, Organizing Photos, Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom software, Video editing, Color Correction, etc. OR… your specific topic of interest): See On-Demand Training.
- Photo slide shows: delivered as a video file. [Note: duration is roughly ca. 1 min per 15 images]
up to 30 images: $120.oo; then $2.50/photo. 1 Text Title Overlay included — more titles are considered an add-on and the costs depend on details.
- Complex Photo/video slideshow (movie): delivered as a video file. E.g., telling someone’s ‘Story of Life’ with a rich mix of still photos and may be video sequences. Costs depend on material and length of resulting video. Sometimes a personal meeting is required, but often not. For a free quote, please write me an email with details like ‘how much material you have; what type of material; do you have a story written down?’
- Assignments: Custom Project Pricing — please contact me.
TURN-AROUND TIME for photography
As usual: that depends certainly upon the complexity of the project!
The following outlines the expected delivery time for non-complex, small, standard projects which also do not require much advanced post-processing.
|Standard delivery for most projects (complex projects excluded) is within 2-5 business days Mon-Fri||included|
(Note: not always possible, please inquire)
|+ $200.oo or more, depending on volume|
|Next Day (before 5pm or otherwise mutually agreed)
(Note: not always possible, please inquire)
|+ $100.oo or more, depending on volume|
|guaranteed within 48 hrs after photo shoot ends, even if weekends follow the date of the photo shoot.
(Note: not always possible, please inquire)
|+ $50.oo or more, depending on volume|
TURN-AROUND TIME for video projects
Depends on the type of project.
Full production projects require a booking well in advance because there’s more planning and pre-tasks involved. Actual turn-around time is dependent on the complexity of the project, but it will be ca. 7 business days.
Other video projects: Standard turn-around time is 5-15 business days but can be longer or shorter, depending on the project scope.
Our estimate will also give a rough idea or the details regarding the turn-around time.
|Cloud delivery / DOWNLOAD:||included / free|
|USB Flash Drive delivery:||$25.oo / per USB stick plus shipping (if applicable)|
|DVD delivery:||not available|
If your project requires to mail items (either to return the material, you had sent over, or delivery of items to you) the costs for mailing with your preferred mail carrier will be added to your project price.
We recommend that you consider Tracking and Insurance options when mailing items to us. If you are located in the local area, a drop-off would be best and sometimes we can also arrange a pickup at your location.
- Local ground-travel may or not be included and depends on the overall project scope.
- Long distance travel: upon agreement / actual costs etc.
A down payment is required to reserve photographer’s time for performing the described service and/or the dates and times of the photo-shooting.
50% (sometimes more) advance payment of all fees and 100% of project charges will be required at the time of booking. Only after receiving the advance payment the project / appointment date/time is reserved & confirmed. For smaller projects a minimum dollar amount might replace the 50% rule above.
Note: during the estimate process I am discussing a schedule with the client, however, that timeslot for the production might be filled with other projects if a client takes too much time to return the paperwork and / or making the advance payment — please be prompt while we are in the process of negotiating and planning your project. 🙂
My estimate for your project will detail all costs and payments.
CANCELLATION / RE-SCHEDULING
- Cancellation and also Re-scheduling options will be part of our agreement to make sure both parties can enter the agreement in a relaxed manner.
USAGE RIGHTS / USAGE LICENSE
- After full payment of the Services the photographer assigns the usage license to client according to the agreement. Depending on the project a client may have need for a usage license that covers specific client requirements. Please let me know upfront what your requirements and planned usage will be and for example if IP buy-outs, usage restricting NDA’s, 3rd party usage and other things are a concern. Please inquire regarding cost-sharing options.
The estimate and the agreement paperwork will detail the topic and take everything into consideration.